Registration and Student Permit | University of Iceland Skip to main content

Registration and Student Permit

According to law all international students must register in Iceland or apply for a student permit depending on citizenship. Students with citizenship outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or European Free Trade Association (EFTA) must apply for a student permit before arrival and be granted an approval from the Directorate of Immigration before traveling to Iceland. EEA/EFTA citizens must register in Iceland according to the duration of stay.

Follow the information depending on your citizenship:

Further information

Is this page useful or is something missing?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Enter the characters shown in the image.