Student Residence Permit for Non-EEA/EFTA Citizens | University of Iceland Skip to main content

Student Residence Permit for Non-EEA/EFTA Citizens

Non-EEA/EFTA citizens who intend to study in Iceland must apply for a student permit at the Directorate of Immigration before arrival. Please visit the website of the Directorate of Immigration for detailed information on the application process.

Applicants from countries outside the EEA/EFTA are not allowed to enter Iceland without a permit. 

Before arrival

Upon arrival

During the stay

Leaving Iceland

Further information

Is this page useful or is something missing?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Enter the characters shown in the image.