The Division of Operations and Resources oversees matters related to the planning of sites and buildings as well as operations on them.
The Division is headed by Kristinn Jóhannesson, tel: +354 888 3028
- Jón Sigurður Pétursson, Project Manager
- Sólrún Sigurðardóttir, Project Manager
- Snorri Páll Davíðsson, Health and safety officer
The following administrative units pertain to the Division of Operations and Resources:
Buildings and Facilities
The unit attends to all construction projects and campus maintenance and is responsible for:
- All new building projects.
- Reconstruction projects.
- Overall maintenance of the 30 buildings belonging to the University of Iceland.
- Campus grounds in general.
- Purchase and distribution of furniture and other facilities.
The unit attends to all general operations of University of Iceland buildings and is responsible for:
- Overall supervision.
- Supervision and cleaning of facilities.
- Tenancy agreements.
- Security and insurance.
- Electricity and heating.
- Classroom bookings.