120 ECTS - MS degree
. . .
120 ECTS credits have to be completed for the qualification, organized as a two-year programme. The MS thesis varies from 90 (most common), to 60 or 30 ECTS credits so courses or other studies vary from 30 to 60 or 90 ECTS credits.
- BS degree in biology or equivalent with minimum average grade of 6.5. In addition to the BS degree there may be some preliminary course requirements before starting the actual MS programme.
- a) Acceptance for MS in Biology is dependent on the availability of a supervisor within the faculty.
b) Note, applicants accepted to the MS program in Biology with specialization in aquatic biology and fisheries, are responsible for finding a supervisor before the end of first semester of study.
- All international applicants, whose native language is not English, are required to provide results of the TOEFL (79) or IELTS (6.5) tests as evidence of English proficiency.
- Applicants are asked to submit a letter of motivation, 1 pages, where they should state the reasons they want to pursue graduate work, their academic goals and a suggestion or outline for a final paper.
- Letters of recommendation (2) should be submitted. These should be from faculty members or others who are familiar with your academic work and qualified to evaluate your potential for graduate study. Please ask your referees to send their letters of recommendation directly to the University of Iceland electronically by e-mail (PDF file as attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org