The University of Iceland is aware that exercise is important for all students. Therefore, the University of Iceland Gymnasium at Sæmundargata is open to all students and staff for a modest fee.
The Gymnasium offers scheduled group lessons in the hall and fitness suite facilities. Groups can also hire the hall, for example, for ball games or other sports. A sauna is located in the basement of the Gymnasium building. Further information on the Gymnasium, including timetables and opening hours, is available below.
- Mondays - Thursdays: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 7:00 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturdays: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Sundays: Closed
The Gym is open all year round, except for the summer (about five to six weeks from July to August).
It is also closed during public holidays, such as Christmas and easter.
- One year pass: ISK 10,000
- Hire of sports hall: Closed groups, 45-minute sessions: ISK 2,500/3,500. At least 10 sessions must be paid for in advance.
Passes are sold at the Service Desk, University Centre, and are valid for all advertised open sessions in the hall, fitness suite, and sauna.
Birna Úlfarsdóttir and Pálmi Phuoc Du, tel: +354 525 4460.
For hiring the Sports Hall, contact Laufey Sigurðardóttir.