Information technology for scientific research - Icelandic research e-infrastructure, IREI
A conference on IREI, the Icelandic research e-infrastructure, will be held November 28, from 13-16 in the Ceremonial Hall of the University of Iceland. At the conference, the service of IREI will be introduced and users will share their experiences. The future of IREI will be discussed and the Danish national e-infrastructure will be presented as will the EuroCC supercomputer collaboration.
IREI will provide comprehensive IT services to the Icelandic scientific community. All researchers using IT are thus encouraged to attend.
The conference will be in English.
IREI support includes:
- receiving, storage and sharing of data,
- processing power,
IREI is a collaboration of many Icelandic universities and research institutions and is supported by grants from the Icelandic Infrastructure Fund through the National Roadmap for Research Infrastructure,
13:00 Welcome address- Jón Atli Benediktsson, rector HÍ
13:10 IREI in 10 minutes, what is it and how can researchers benefit from it? - Guðmundur H. Kjærnested, director of the Division of Information Technology
13:20 User stories
- Hans Tómas Björnsson. professor, Faculty of Medicine, UI
- Gro Birkefeldt Møller Pedersen, research specialist, Institute of Earth Sciences and Melissa Anne Pfeffer, research specialist at the Met Office
- Jón Elvar Wallevik, research specialist at the Met Office
- Gianluca Levi, post-doctoral fellow at the Institute of Physical Sciences
- Henning Arnór Úlfarsson, department chair, Department of Computer Sciences, Reykjavík University
14:10 Coffee break
14:30 The future of IREI - Guðmundur H. Kjærnested, director of the Division of Information Technology, UI
14:40 Denmark's e-research services - Gitte Julin Kudsk
15:10 Gagnís, the Icelandic Social Science Data Service – Kjartan Ólafsson, specialist at the Social Science Research Institute
15:20 EuroCC - Morris Riedel, professor. Faculty of Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science, UI
Moderator: Ingibjörg Gunnarsdóttir, Vice-rector of Science, UI
IREI is meant to serve the Icelandic scientific community a comprehensive IT support. All researchers using IT are encouraged to attend.