If your home university is a partner school of the University of Iceland, you may be eligible for our exchange program which allows you to study at the University of Iceland for up to two semesters.
All prospective exchange students should begin the process of enrollment by contacting an international exchange coordinator at their home university. If a student is nominated by his/her home university for exchange studies at the University of Iceland the coordinator will nominate him/her via our online nomination system. We will then e-mail all relevant information concerning the application process to the nominated student.
In order to qualify for our exchange programme, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- There must be an agreement between your home university and the University of Iceland in your field of study.
- Students must have completed 60 ECTS credits or equivalent at their home university prior to their exchange studies.
- Students who are non-native English speakers must fulfill minimum English language requirements. For more information, see our webpage on proof of English proficiency requirements.
For autumn semester or a full academic year: 1 March (EEA citizens: 1 May)
For spring semester: 1 August (EEA citizens: 1 October)
You can find a selection of practical online guides here. If you do not find the information you are looking for please direct your request to the correct authority for the quickest response:
- For course-related matters please contact the school or faculty in question.
- For questions regarding administration, or if in doubt where to send your request, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.