Residence and Work Permits | University of Iceland Skip to main content

Residence and Work Permits


It depends on your citizenship whether you need a residence and work permit to be able to work in Iceland. Citizens of EU/EEA member states do not need permits but non-EU/EEA citizens do.International Staff Services-Welcome Centre assists all non-EU/EEA citizens who are starting their career at the University of Iceland obtaining a residence and a work permit in Iceland.

Is this page useful or is something missing?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Enter the characters shown in the image.