Public Health Sciences
30 ECTS - Postgraduate Diploma
Do you hold a degree in health-, social-, or educational sectors?
Do you want to strengthen your skills in public health sciences, epidemiology or biostatistics?
Do you want to study a part-time programme?
If so, this programme might be for you.
About the programme
Students complete 18 credits in core requirements and a minimum of 12 credits in electives over the course of two semesters.
- The postgraduate diploma is a part-time programme for two semesters/one academic year
- Students do have the option of finishing the studies within four semesters
- All of the core courses and most electives demand physical presence, so the studies are not optimal alongside working full-time
Mode of study
- Course materials and presentations for core courses are usually in English
- However, the language of instruction is Icelandic, unless the proportion of international students exceeds 10% of students registered for a course: in those cases, the language of instruction is English
- Students are registered in the interdisciplinary program in public health sciences but their department of graduation is the Faculty of Medicine