University of Iceland

Visiting Staff and Guest Lecturers

Visiting staff and guest lecturers from Nordic, EU/EEA member states and Switzerland do not need special permits to stay and work in Iceland temporarily.
–    Staff who do not plan to relocate to Iceland and register their legal domicile in Iceland fall into this category.

Citizens of other countries may stay and work in Iceland for up to four weeks as long as their work is in relation to teaching or research.
–    Citizens of certain countries may require a visa to enter Iceland. See more information here.

Non EU/EEA/Swiss citizens who plan to work in Iceland for more than four weeks should seek assistance from the International Office.  Different rules may apply depending on the length of stay in Iceland.

Þú ert að nota: