University of Iceland

Registering in Iceland for EEA/EFTA citizens

One Semester Only

Students with EEA/EFTA citizenship staying for one semester only must register at the Service Desk in University Centre upon arrival. Students must bring their passport or legal travel documents and will receive a student ID, username and password to access the university’s intranet.

Academic Year or Longer

According to law, citizens of EEA/EFTA countries who are studying in Iceland for the academic year or longer must register their legal residence in Iceland. Students can only register their legal residence once they have arrived in Iceland. However they must obtain all supporting documents before arrival.

Before Arrival


Upon Arrival


During the Stay


Leaving Iceland

Þú ert að nota: