University of Iceland

International Staff - EU/EEA and Swiss Citizens

These citizens and their families may stay in Iceland for up to three months without a residence permit. If staying longer than three months, you must either be employed in Iceland or be able to prove that you have sufficient means of support for the duration of your stay.

Immediate family members have the right to reside with you while you remain in Iceland.
- Your spouse/partner will need to apply for a work permit if he/she is not an EU/EEA/Swiss citizens and plans to work in Iceland.

We strongly recommend that you secure housing prior to your arrival. See more under Housing. Once you have moved to Iceland and found suitable housing, you should register your legal residence at Registers Iceland. There, you can also apply for an Icelandic ID number (kennitala).

Þú ert að nota: