University of Iceland

Independent Researchers

Individuals who are not recruited or employed by the University of Iceland fall into this category.

Nordic citizens do not require a residence permit or work permit to conduct research in Iceland.

EU/EEA and Swiss citizens do not require a work permit to conduct research in Iceland, but must be able to prove they have sufficient means of financial support if planning to stay for more than three months.

Non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens may stay in Iceland for up to three months without a visa or a residence permit. However, they may not work in Iceland without a work permit.

If you are from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland and plan to stay in Iceland for more than three months, please contact the International Office for further assistance.

–    Please note that you will need to prove that you have sufficient means to support yourself (as well as any family members you plan to bring) for the duration of your stay in Iceland.
–    You may also need to fulfill additional conditions as required.

Þú ert að nota: