The University of Iceland has partnership agreements with universities in India, Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand and South Korea.
- TERI University, The Energy and Resourses Institute, New Delhi. Student exchange mainly in Environmental, Resource, Geothermal and Earth Sciences.
- Gakushuin University*, Tokyo. Classes are mostly in the Japanese language. Exchange students are expected to attend a full school year.
- International Christian University*, Tokyo. Full year exchange students can apply for scholarship.
- J.F. Oberlin University*, Tokyo.
- Tokai University*, Tokyo. Courses in Japanese.
- Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Tokyo. The School specialises in Food Science, Food Engineering, Oceanography, Marine Biology, Biology and related subject areas. Business Science is available as well.
- Waseda University, Tokyo. A good selection of courses in Social Sciences and Business. TOEFL-exam is required.
- Hokkaido University, Sapporo. An agreement between the Faculty of Medicine at UI and Hokkaido Graduate School and School of Medicine.
- Nagoya University, Nagoya.
- Iwate University*, Morioka.
- Shimane University, Shimane.
- Kyoto University, Kyoto. For undergraduate and graduate students. A good selection of courses taught in English
- Kyoto Sangyo University, Kyoto. Full year exchange students can apply for scholarship.
- Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto. TOEFL-exam is required.
- Kansai Gaidai University, Osaka. Exchange studies in Asian Studies Program (in English) or studies in the Japanese language. For undergraduate students.
- Osaka Gakuin University, Osaka.
- Kwansei Gakuin University, Nishinomiya.
- Kyushu University, Kyushu.
- Fukuoka Women's University*, Fukuoka. A women‘s only university. Scholarship available for one student.
- Seinan Gakuin University, Fukuoka.
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Kyushu. For undergraduate students.
*Students majoring in Japanese at the University of Iceland have priority at the marked schools above
- Peking University, Beijing
- Beijing Foreign Studies University*, Beijing
- Beijing Normal University*, Beijing
- Tsinghua University, Beijing - Nýr samstarfsskóli
- Communication University of China, Beijing
- Tianjin University, Tianjin
- Jilin University*, Changchun
- Nanjing University*, Nanjing
- East China Normal University (ECNU), Shanghai
- Fudan University, Shanghai
- Ningbo University*, Ningbo
- Xiamen University, Xiamen
- Zhongnan University of Economics and Law (ZUEL), Wuhan
- Hunan University, Changsa
- Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, Guangzhou, Guangdong. A good selection of courses in English, especially for students in Business.
*Students majoring in Chinese at the University of Iceland have priority at the marked schools above
- Mahidol University, Bangkok. Natural Sciences.
- Korea University, Seoul. For undergraduate students. New Partner University
- Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul
The application deadline to become an outgoing exchange student from the University of Iceland at a partner university in Asia is 15 January each year.
Students who want to apply for exchange studies in Asia are advised to familliarize themselves with the application process in advance. The electronic application form on the University website needs to be completed and a printed and signed copy needs to be handed in to the Interational Office along with all supporting documents (learning agreement, personal statement, transcript of grades, proof of English language proficiency) before the deadline. The deadline for exchange applications at universities in the Americas, Asia, Oceania and Russia is 15 January each year and 1 March for universities in Europe.
Some universities require a TOEFL exam.