The School of Education is located in Reykjavík. The school occupies three adjoining buildings in its main location in Stakkahlíð, Reykjavík.
The oldest building in Stakkahlíð is divided into two parts, Enni and Múli. The two newer buildings are called Hamar and Klettur. The School of Education Office and the Office of Academic and Student Affairs are housed in Stakkahlíð, as well as the School of Education Library, the Teacher Education Bookstore, the Writing Centre and the Computer and Media Centre.
Arts and crafts classes are taught in Skipholt 37, Reykjavík. The offices of lecturers and professors are situated in Stakkahlíð, Bolholt and Skipholt in Reykjavík.
Good studying facilities are in the School of Education buildings in Stakkahlíð. The School of Education Library and Computer and Media Centre are easily accessible for people with disabilities, and various types of software are available for students with special needs. Wireless internet service and printers are provided in the main study areas.
School of Education Library, ground floor Hamar building
- 56 study seats for reading and group work, including one group work room.
- 3 small reading rooms for individuals working on research projects (for hire).
- 59 seats in all.
Computer and Media Centre (CMC), first floor Hamar building
- 16 computers for general use.
Printers are available in the CMC and in the hallway in front of the computer labs on the second floor in the Hamar building. Students with access cards to the Hamar building can stay in the Skúti room and in the computer labs until 23:00. The cards can be obtained from the janitor in Stakkahlíð.
Skáli area in Enni
- Seats for 50-60 people at 10 round tables.
Art education building, Skipholt 37
- L-109 Computer lab for visual art classes. Open for general use when not used for teaching.
- Third floor computer lab for music classes.
Practical training in Sports- and Health Sciences takes place in Laugardalur center for sports and leisure. With both in- and outdoor facilities.
- 20 computers in the student computer lab next to the library. Printing available.