The Division of Operations and Resources oversees matters relating to the planning of sites, and buildings and operations on them.
The division is headed by Guðmundur R. Jónsson, telephone +354 525-5202
Office Manager is Sigurlaug I. Lövdahl, telephone +354 525-4922
The following administrative units pertain to the Division of Operations and Resources:
Buildings and facilities
The unit attends to all construction and overall campus matters and is responsible for:
• All new building projects.
• Reconstruction projects.
• Overall maintenance of the 30 buildings belonging to the University of Iceland.
• Campus grounds in general.
• Purchase and distribution of furniture and other facilities.
The unit attends to all general operations of University of Iceland buildings and is responsibilities for:
• Overall supervision.
• Supervision and cleaning of facilities.
• Tenancy agreements.
• Security and insurance.
• Electricity and heating.
• Classroom bookings.