Photo taken in Thingvellir, Iceland's first national park. A number of ENR students have chosen to study protection and utilization of national parks in their theses, including Europe's largest national park, Vatnajökull national park. Photo: Dagný Arnarsdóttir.
The research opportunities available to students in the Program are in many cases part of various faculty grants and Agreements between the Program and private or public entities, such as the City of Reykjavik or the Environmental Agency.
Research topics could include e.g.:
- Sustainable energy systems
- Landscape classification
- Hydrogen economy
- Air pollution and health
- Low carbon fuels for transportation
- Climate change policies
- Environmental management systems
- Water pollution
- Environment impact assessment
- Waste management
- Corporate sustainability
- Sustainability indicators
- Ecotourism and protected areas